Monday, September 30, 2013

Just a short introduction...

Hi! My name is Jessie Bonham.

And if you came here for cats here you go:


But on the off chance you came here to hear my thoughts, I welcome you to my mind.

I'm writing a book. Correction, I've been writing a book for the past 6 years. When I say writing, I mean daydreaming about awesome plot lines and characters, and what they would do in my life. And now as I hold a stack of 200 pages written, 3 different drafts on my computer and a cast of characters in my head, I realize that my fear of imperfection and lack of motivation has been holding me back.

I have been writing this story since my sophomore year in high school. Back when the future terrified my to death and I had to create an entire new world to protect me from it. Though the future still scares me a bit, I am no longer letting my fear cloud my creativity.

I'm taking on a new challenge. A blog everyday with updates, thoughts and feelings about my writing. My aim is to ignite my passion once again for these characters I've held so close for so long. In a way, I think I haven't been able to write their story because I'm afraid of loosing them, but they deserve to be heard, even if it's through my word vomit on a page.

So there it is, a new journey. Let's see what happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment